GTA Online offers a lot of setups where you can test your skills as a gamer. And even bag hefty in-game rewards. As we all know, GTA is all about heists, gunplay, and gangster vibes, and some of these heists can make you super rich (but only in the game). Talking specifically about the heists system, it made it to GTA Online in 2015. We could safely say that it is still one of the most loved elements of the game. Recently, the Criminal Mastermind Challenge in GTA Online is something every GTA fan has his eyes on.
All the players who complete the challenge, which consists of five primary missions, will be awarded a whopping $10 million GTA cash prize. Nevertheless, good things don’t come easy, and this is the case with this one. Now, if you are someone who needs that kind of in-game cash in GTA Online and isn’t sure about where to start, then you are at the right place.
Here in this article, we will talk about how to complete the Criminal Mastermind Challenge (we’ll not promise that you don’t have to break a sweat). Before that, you need to know the basics of starting The Criminal Mastermind Challenge, so let’s take a look below.
Basics of Starting the Criminal Mastermind Challenge
- First things first, you need to know that to complete this challenge and bag the enormous reward, you need to have three more reliable players.
- Another thing is that you have to make sure that none of these players have already been rewarded. According to the rules set by Rockstar, a player can only get the reward only once.
- You need to have a stronghold at your game because winning this one is not a noob’s cup of tea. So, make sure that you have enough experience before pursuing the challenge.
- After all, you will have to complete five missions in order to complete The Criminal Mastermind Challenge. All the players who will finish these missions in a given order will get a bonus of $2,000,000 in addition to the $10 million prize money.
- You are suggested to avoid playing any other heists at the time of playing the GTA Online Criminal Mastermind Challenge because it will restart the progress.
- Last but not least, none of the participating players can die.
How to Complete the Criminal Mastermind Challenge?
Here is the list of jobs you have to do in order to complete the Criminal Mastermind Challenge in order:
- The Fleeca Job
- The Prison Break
- The Humane Labs Raid
- Series A Funding
- The Pacific Standard Job
Note: Don’t forget to finish the jobs in the mentioned order to get the best results and bonus along with the reward. After completing all the missions, the $10 million award will show up on each player’s mission screen.
The Fleeca Job
This is basically a two-person job (we know you have a couple of questions now), and all players are supposed to complete in pairs and then join each other in the Prison Break mission. To kick start the heists, you first have to purchase a high-end apartment from the Dynasty 8 website, either in Eclipse Towers or the Del Perro Heights. After entering your apartment, you can start the heists. In the beginning, you don’t have to worry about the setup cost, as Lester Crest will be paying for all that.
As for the job, the requirements are a driller and a driver. One of them is supposed to barge into a bank and show their hacking skills in a mini-game. The driver, on the other hand, will have to shoot cameras and keep the witnesses in check. The game has three different tiers offering three different figures as rewards – $100,625 on Easy, $201,250 on Normal, and $250,250 on the Hard level. After getting the reward money, you will have to split it with your partner in crime.
One major point here is that once the mission is done, both the players will face a lot of heat via the police roadblocks. You, along with your partner, have to reach the getaway guy assigned by Lester to successfully finish the mission. Once you reach the guy who will give you an escape, the game moves forward to a scene where the driver and the driller arrive at a factory, and the driller gives the deposit box to Lester.
The Prison Break
This one is dubbed the first large-scale heist of the game, and it starts as soon as Lester makes a call to the players who have accomplished the first mission in GTA Online. In this mission, the players are supposed to break out Professor Maxim Rashkovsky from the Bolingbroke Penitentiary State Prison situated in Sandy Shores. An amount of $40,000 will be required to set this one up.
However, that is not something you should worry about, as the reward for this is $500,000. Well, there’s a catch here: players can get the mentioned reward only if they execute the mission in hard mode. Easy mode pays around $200,000, and the Normal mode offers $400,000. The Prison Break mission is further subdivided into steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, you need to steal the aircraft from Vagos Contraband Smugglers situated at the McKenzie Airfield. This is to make sure that you take Rashkovsky out of the country after the prison break.
- Once the mission starts, you will have to hijack a prison bus moving in a high-security convoy and take it to a not-so-visible location near Sandy Shores. After the bus reaches Sandy Shores, you will have to get the Prison Transport Schedule from the police station.
- Two out of four players will have to get their hands on a Police Cruiser, play cops for a while, and get into the police station to grab the schedule. The two remaining players will have to retrieve the stolen car of Rashkovsky from a cargo ship located at the LS port.
- Once all the vehicles for the heist are at a place, you will have to rough up a few lawyers and get their deposition. Meanwhile, don’t forget to remove the guards and Rashkovsky’s business partner.
- Here again, you will divide the team into two parts – one will go for the partner, and the other one will slaughter the business partner. In the finale, you’re going to take Rashkovsky out of the prison. To make this work, you will have a ground team, a pilot, and a demolition expert on duty.
The Humane Labs Raid
In this mission, one of Lester’s contacts requires seriously classified data stolen from the Humane Labs complex located in the San Chianski mountains. Your crew will have to get the entry key cards, EMP emitter, and an armored vehicle.
All this will be combined with a helicopter armed to the teeth for the accomplishment of the heist. To complete the mission successfully, the team has to go through five missions. These missions will help in gathering all the above-mentioned items.
Once your squad is done with the mission, your squad will get the reward amount for the mission. The setup cost for this one is $54,000. Easy mode pays $472,000, Normal pays $945,000, and Hard gives $1,181,250. The winning amount will be divided between all the four players.
The Series-A Funding
The main task in this mission is to move two drug-filled trucks from the warehouse to the lighthouse. As for the story, the O’Neil Brothers are baking crystal at their farm. You are supposed to steal and deliver it to Trevor’s cook waiting for you at a gas station. However, things do not always go as planned.
The O’Neil Brothers have been tipped off regarding the robbery. They are on their way to get their stuff back. Now, there will be two teams, Lookout North and Lookout South. They will make sure the movement of drugs from the warehouse to the lighthouse is executed without chaos.
One team will get into the technical part, and the other one will take the Benson Trucks. Out of the two, the technical team is supposed to lead the way. The setup cost for this mission is $40,400. Rewards for the mission are $353,000 in Easy mode, $707,000 in the Normal mode, and $883,750 in the Hard mode.
The Pacific Standard Job
If you’ve completed this journey until now, then congratulations because the road was not easy, and we know. You have to rob the primary branch of Pacific Standard Bank in the last mission. It is situated in Downtown Vinewood.
This one has a decent reward, but the risks associated with the mission are also at the upper level. Like most of the heists, this one also consists of five setup missions. You have to grab the Post OP van that has a transponder, take the transponder to signal expert Avi Schwartzman, manage the hacking part, hijack the convoy from Merryweather in Blaine County, and steal four avant-garde bikes.
In the final mission, you have to get into the bank, manage the crowd, and break the vault. The next step will be to pull all the cash that you can in a single go and leave immediately. The setup cost for this mission is $100,000. You will get an amount of $750,000 in Easy mode, $1,500,000 in Normal mode, and $1,875,000 in Hard mode.
That’s all you need to know about and do to complete the GTA Online Criminal Mastermind Challenge. According to us, the most important thing is to first get some serious amount of expertise in the game. Before starting the mission, you should have a loyal crew with which you are going to become the criminal mastermind.
Nonetheless, if you are struggling to make a solid crew, then have a look at our guide on how to make a crew in GTA Online. This will help you in overcoming the hurdle and wreaking havoc in the streets.
A career journalist who spent four plus years playing around with gadgets and gaming. As a hobby, Rudra enjoys researching mobile games every now and then. When he’s not busy with testing new games or watching anime, Rudra can be found with a… read more