GTA and cheat codes. If you’re a long-time Grand Theft Auto fan, you’ll know how cheat codes elevate the GTA sandbox experience.
Until you wait for the GTA 6, we’ve covered you with the best GTA cheat code guide for PS4. The cheat codes we’ll list will work with Grand Theft Auto 5, the latest GTA.
These cheat codes will give you an exciting way to enjoy the game. It can include flying across the San Andreas map or becoming a bullet-proof hero who takes down everyone. The possibilities are endless, so keep reading.
The Thrill of Cheating in GTA on PS4 and Cheat Codes Legacy
Cheating is frowned upon — only if you’re doing it in real life or a multi-player game. Single-player games such as GTA enjoy the luxury of cheat codes by unlocking the unique creative way to enjoy the sandbox city.
Let’s first look at cheat codes legacy to understand the thrill of cheating in GTA.
Cheat codes have always been part of the gaming culture. If we go back in time, developers generally used cheat codes to cheat up game development, especially for developers who don’t have the necessary skills to test out the game’s different difficulty modes. In the ’80s and ’90s, cheat codes were shared among gamers.
Apart from improving the game development process, Game developers also implemented cheat codes to allow gamers to give players the tools to enjoy the game differently. Cheat codes also make games more accessible to a broader audience and enable casual gamers to enjoy the game more.
An excellent piece by Popular Mechanics goes through the history of cheat codes and showcases how cheat codes paved the path to developing some fantastic games.
Alongside developers implementing their cheat codes within their games, modders took the liberty to release third-party cheats, which were more prevalent in the 2000s.
Cheat codes can come in different formats. However, it was the Konami Code that made cheat codes infamous. The format begins….
UP UP DOWN DOWN RIGHT LEFT LEFT B A START
And, if you’ve ever used a cheat code, you’ll know the thrill of using one.
How to Activate Cheat Codes on PS4
Activating cheat codes on PS4 is game-specific. In some games, you must press a combination of inputs to open the cheat code console. In others, you must open a specific menu and enter the cheat code.
For example, you must press the D-Pad Up button in GTA V. Now, enter the cheat code in the cell phone number. In contrast, The Sims 4 requires you to press L1, L2, R1, and R2 at the same time. This will open the cheat code console in The Sims 4.
The steps to activate cheat codes on PS4 include:
- Make sure you’re in the game.
- Open the cell phone by pressing the UP on the D-pad.
- Now, enter the sequence of numbers into the D-pad to activate it. For example, if you want to start Max Health and Armour, dial 1-999-887-853 or 1-999-TURTLE.
➡️ Disable Cheat Codes
To turn off a specific cheat code, you’ll need to enter it again. Also, if your cheat code has progressive effects, such as changing weather, you’ll need to enter the cheat code multiple times to get back to the original setting.
List of GTA Cheat Codes for PS4
There are many amazing GTA games out there. Apart from the latest GTA V, we have GTA IV. Let’s look at the cheat codes for each one of them below.
➡️ Best GTA V Cheat Codes
There are tons of GTA V cheat codes. However, only some cheat codes are helpful. That’s why, in this section, we’ll list the useful cheat codes. These cheat codes include gaining maximum armor, ammo, or weapons. If police chase you, you can lower or raise the wanted level if you’re going to get rid of the police or want a challenge!
As mentioned earlier, all you need to do is press the Up D-Pad button and enter the code.
The list of best GTA V cheat codes includes:
- Max armour and health → 1-999-887-853 [1-999-TURTLE]
- Get a parachute → 1-999-759-3483 [1-999-SKYDIVE]
- Lower the police wanted level → 1-999-5299-3787 [1-999-LAWYERUP]
- Raise the police wanted level → 1-999-3844-8483 [1-999-FUGITIVE]
- Get all weapons and ammo → 1-999-866-587 [1-999-TOOLUP]
However, there are tons of other cheat codes that you can try to spice up your GTA V experience. These cheat codes are old-style, as you’ll need to mash up a series of buttons on your controller to activate them.
- God Mode: RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT R1, RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
- Give Parachute: LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1
- Flaming Bullets: L1, R1, SQUARE, R1, LEFT, R2, R1, LEFT, SQUARE, RIGHT, L1, L1
- Explosive Melee Attacks: RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE, R1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L2
- Slidey Cars: TRIANGLE, R1, R1, LEFT, R1, L1, R2, L1
- Max Health and Armor: CIRCLE, L1, TRIANGLE, R2, X, SQUARE, CIRCLE, RIGHT, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1
- Drunk Mode: TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, LEFT
- Spawn Stunt Plane: CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, L2, LEFT, R1, L1, L1, LEFT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
- Change Weather: R2 , X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, SQUARE
- Spawn Trashmaster: CIRCLE, R1, CIRCLE, R1, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
- Spawn Buzzard Attack Helicopter: CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE
- Spawn Caddy: CIRCLE, L1, LEFT, R1, L2, X, R1, L1, CIRCLE, X
- Slow Motion Aim: SQUARE, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, LEFT, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X
- Fast Swim: LEFT, LEFT, L1, RIGHT, RIGHT, R2, LEFT, L2, RIGHT
- Spawn Duster: RIGHT, LEFT, R1, R1, R1, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, X, CIRCLE, L1, L1
- Slippery Cars: TRIANGLE, R1, R1, LEFT, L1, R2, L1
- Fast Run: TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L2, L1, SQUARE
- Bang Bang (Explosive Bullets): RIGHT, SQUARE, X, LEFT, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L1, L1, L1
- Invincibility: RIGHT, X, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
- Spawn Sanchez: CIRCLE, X, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, R1, R2, L2, L1, L1
- Spawn Rapid GT: R2, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, CIRCLE, R2
- Recharge Special Ability: X, X, SQUARE, R1, L1, X, RIGHT, LEFT, X
- Slow Motion: TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R2, R1
- Spawn PCJ-600 Motorcycle: R1, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, RIGHT, L2, L1, L1
- Spawn BMX: LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, R1, R2
- Spawn Comet: R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, L1, L2, X, X, SQUARE, R1
- Moon Gravity: LEFT, LEFT, L1, R1, L1, RIGHT, LEFT, L1, LEFT
- Spawn Limo: R2, RIGHT, L2, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
- Raise Wanted Level: R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
- Give Weapons: TRIANGLE, R2, LEFT, L1, X, RIGHT, TRIANGLE, DOWN, SQUARE, L1, L1, L1
- Lower Wanted Level: R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
- Super Jump: LEFT, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R1, R2
There are also some special cheat codes that you can try out.
- Spawn Dodo Airplane: Dial 1-999-398-4628 (EXTINCT)
- Spawn Kraken Sub: Dial 1-999-282-2537 (BUBBLES)
- Director Mode: Dial 1-999-57-825368 (JR TALENT)
- Spawn Duke O’Death: Dial 1-999-3328-4227 (DEATHCAR)
Also Read: GTA Online: Where to Find Street Dealers
➡️ GTA IV
If you’re someone who likes playing Grand Theft Auto IV occasionally, you surely want to check out the best GTA IV cheat codes for your PS4. Like GTA V, you must pull out your cell phone by pressing the UP d-Pad button and enter the cheat codes. These include:
- Remove wanted level: 267-555-0100
- Spawn Presidente: 265-555-2423
- Raise wanted level: 267-555-0150
- Check song information: 948-555-0100
- Weapons 1: 486-555-0150
- Weapons 2: 486-555-0100
- Change weather: 468-555-0100
- Spawn Jetmax boat: 938-555-0100
- Spawn Cognoscenti: 227-555-0142
- Get armour: 362-555-0100
- Spawn Comet: 227-555-0175
- Spawn Banshee: 265-555-2423
- Spawn an NRG: 900 625-555-0100
- Spawn Feltzer: 662-555-0147
- Spawn FBI Buffalo: 227-555-0100
- Spawn Turismo: 227-555-0147
- Spawn Sanchez bike: 625-555-0150
- Spawn Annihilator: 359-555-0100
- Spawn SuperGT: 227-555-0168
Pros and Cons of Cheat Codes
Cheat codes are fun to use. However, it is better to know their pros and cons before using them.
➡️ Pros of Using Cheat Codes
#1. Improved Replay Value
If you have completed GTA once, you should play it again with cheats! This improves your replay value as you can try different things throughout the playthrough.
#2. Explore Creative Expression
Cheat codes open up many different combinations. You can gain health or spawn a vehicle to chase or run from enemies, or what about spawning a parachute so that you don’t die when falling?
#3. Release Stress
Cheat codes make the fun more enjoyable for many people. So, if you have returned after a hectic day, playing GTA with cheat codes can help you relax.
#4. Improved Accessibility
There are different types of gamers; some play it without help, while others struggle. Cheat codes open up accessibility options for gamers who struggle with specific missions or enemies during their playthrough.
#5. Clear Challenging Missions
If you’re stuck on a mission for the last 30 minutes, it is time to use cheat codes to clear it.
#6. Improved Exploration
You can spawn different vehicles to explore the open world of GTA.
➡️ Cons of Using Cheat Codes
#1. Not Enjoying the Game as Intended
Developers design the game to enjoy without cheat codes. If you use cheat code, you’re changing how the game is designed to be enjoyed.
#2. Losing Progress
In a few cases, you might lose progress using cheat codes. Also, creating a manual save before using a cheat code is always a good idea.
#3. Less Rewarding
Cheat codes can make GTA games very easy and, therefore, less rewarding.
Overall, there are pros and cons to using cheat codes. The best way to use them is after completing one playthrough.
Strategies/Tips with GTA Cheat Codes
Before activating your favorite GTA cheat code, you must consider different things. These tips will help you make the most out of the cheat codes.
- Always save the game before you opt to use cheats. This will help you return to the save point if something goes wrong. Also, it protects you from game crashes due to bugs. It also allows gamers to experiment with cheat codes but don’t want to lose their trophies and achievements. So, once you’re testing, revert to your manual save.
- Not all missions let you activate cheat codes. If you try, you’ll notice the message, “Cheat denied: Not available on a mission or pastime”.
- The game needs you to enter the combination quickly. If you’re slow, the game will not register it.
- If you’re spawning a vehicle that didn’t work, try again in a more open area.
- The invincibility cheats in GTA lasts only five minutes. Once it expires, you need to enter it again.
- Always enter the cheat code sequence in a safe place (away from enemies).
Frequently Asked Questions
➡️ Is there a GTA cheat code for money?
No, there isn’t. However, you can use different tricks to earn money in GTA.
➡️ Will these cheat codes also work on PS5?
Yes, the GTA cheat codes listed here will also work on PS5.
➡️ Is using cheat codes morally wrong?
No, it isn’t if you use it in a single-player setting. Never use it in multiplayer games, as it can get you banned.
Now that you know the basics of using GTA cheat codes on PS4, it’s important to remember that this is only meant for fun. You shouldn’t try to use these cheats in a multiplayer setting. Moreover, it’s best to play the entire game once without using cheats, as you’ll be able to enjoy the game the way it’s meant to be enjoyed.
That being said, if you’re looking for a way to make a quick buck in Rockstar’s ongoing online version of GTA, check out how to buy a bunker in GTA Online.
For the past 20 years, Nitish has been an avid gamer. His primary focus is on PC games, but he also enjoys exploring the worlds of Nintendo, XBOX, and PlayStation. Nitish is always looking for new games to try out and is particularly fascinated… read more