The CoD franchise has some of the best games to offer in the market. The most amazing part is that the franchise keeps updating and introducing new titles to keep the gamers hooked. That being said, the leaks regarding the Call of Duty 2023 have started doing the rounds of the internet. Rumors suggest that the game will be called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III.
Previously, it was said that Modern Warfare II would have an entirely different launch cycle of two years. This clearly meant that we were not going to see any CoD games this year. However, the rumors were quashed by leaks suggesting that the franchise is working on a successor to Modern Warfare II.
The latest offering from the CoD franchise will pack new elements in the form of Modern Warfare III. It is also in the air that Sledgehammer Games will develop the game. Moving forward, we will discuss the elements like release date, features, Developers, and unique modes of the upcoming game by the CoD franchise.
What About The Release Date?
A report shared by Insider Gaming suggested that the Call of Duty 2023 or Modern Warfare III will enter their global market on November 10, 2023. The tentative release date of the game is pretty similar to the release dates of other Call of Duty games in the past.
As of now, we can say that the game will be available to download and play in November. In addition, rumor mills are churning that the game will have its own Warzone map, along with Season 1 making its debut on December 5, 2023. However, until there is an official confirmation regarding this, we can’t claim the exact date.
Features You Should Look Out For
- According to the rumors, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III will consist of a traditional Perk system paired with the reintroduction of the Red Dots on the mini-map. While a user is relying on unsuppressed weapons, the enemy players will show up on the mini-map.
- On top of that, the missing Ninja Perk from CoD: Modern Warfare II is going to make a re-entry in the third installment. For those who are unaware, Ninja Perk allows a player to be undetectable from heartbeat sensors.
- It is also being said that CoD: Modern Warfare III will come with enemy markers on the map. Not only this, but the perks will also be categorized into different items like helmets, boots, and more. These two changes come as a disappointment for the fans. There will be a total number of four Perk categories in Modern Warfare III – Gloves, Boots, Vests, and Helmets.
- Another leak regarding the game suggests that it could also feature Zombie Outbreak 2.0 mode. This comes as good news for the zombie-hunting enthusiasts who love the wild side of CoD. Nonetheless, it is not clear at the moment if the mode will be a free-to-play offering from the franchise or if it will be included in the premium tier.
- As for the maps, we can expect to see a new map for the Warzone. The new map is said to include Las Almas, which is a setting from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. It will be released in Season 1 of the game, starting in December 2023.
Developer Behind CoD: Modern Warfare III
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III will be developed in the same way as the previous games from the franchise. Sledgehammer Games is going to lead the development project along with a decent amount of contribution from other studios that work on CoD games. Primarily, Infinity Ward and Treyarch will work as support for Sledgehammer Games.
As sure as eggs are eggs, CoD fans are already hyped up on what they can get to see in Call of Duty 2023 and a tentative launch date. Of course, we will know more about the game as soon as the launch date inches closer, or the franchise officially drops something. Until then, readers are suggested to take the above information with a truckload of salt as nothing has been confirmed officially.
Fortunately, another big franchise has been making waves with a massive rebranding. Check out our coverage of EA Sports FC 24’s Gameplay Deep Dive trailer!
A career journalist who spent four plus years playing around with gadgets and gaming. As a hobby, Rudra enjoys researching mobile games every now and then. When he’s not busy with testing new games or watching anime, Rudra can be found with a… read more